Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.
I have never been one for making resolutions because I don’t like breaking them. However, I figured that if I wrote down my goals, I will be better at accomplishing them. I have lots of goals for the new year. Some have to do with reading and blogging while others are more personal.
<<< If you are wondering about my illustration over here, I decided to include it because new beginnings make me think of conquering the world (as I see it).
Here are my goals for the year:
- Work on my personal happiness plan.
- Catch up on reading my NetGalley books.
- Catch up on reading books sent to me directly from the author/publisher.
- Finish three paintings (This is huge for me. I am a very slow painter because I paint the same thing over and over until I get it right. I am working on a painting right now that I’ve painted 12 times already and I’m still not sure I like it.)
- Finish my book (Yes, I wrote a book. I’ve actually written five books, but I’ve never tried to publish any of them. This year it might actually happen!)
- Redesign my blog – Big changes are coming for my little blog! For one thing, I am going to start reviewing adult books, which also means that my blog needs a little facelift.
- Do more service. This one may be the last on my list, but it is certainly not the least important. I struggle with many things, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I spend too much time looking inward and not enough time looking outward. I am going to find opportunities to make the world a better place.
Reading Goals for January:
Some of these are for tours, some are for review, and some are just for fun.
Whatever my kids pick out at the library + whatever I get in the mail + this little gem:
Chapter Books/Middle Grade Books:
Young Adult Books: