Best New Books on My Shelves

Book Roundup, New Releases
Stacking the Shelves | batchofbooks.com

Stacking the Shelves | batchofbooks.com

Welcome to Stacking the Shelves! I’ve gotten a bunch of new books in the mail and on my Kindle recently and I can’t wait to share them with you. So here’s what I’ve added to my shelves lately.

Middle Grade Books:

The Lost Twin (Scarlet and Ivy) by Sophie Cleverly
How to (Almost) Ruin Your Summer by Taryn Souders

Both of these books are from Sourcebooks Jabberwocky. I’ve already read How to (Almost) Ruin Your Summer and I’ll be posting my review for it once we get closer to its release date. I’m in the middle of Scarlet and Ivy now and it’s proving to be a fantastic read.

Young Adult Books:

And I Darken by Kiersten White

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Hurricane Kiss by Deborah Blumenthol

I got And I Darken from NetGalley. Tressa from Wishful Endings and I will be hosting a read-along for it in a couple of months. Kiersten White is one of my favorite authors, so I’m super excited to read this book. You can pre-order your copy now if you want to read along with us.

I borrowed We Were Liars from the library and wowzah! It was quite the book. I’m not going to give anything away, but if you haven’t read it yet, you should.

I received Hurricane Kiss in the mail a few weeks ago. I haven’t had the chance to read it yet, but it sounds like the perfect summer YA romance novel. I’m looking forward to it!

The Society by Jodie Andrefski
The Ancient One by T.A. Barron
Atlantis Lost (Atlantis Saga) by T.A. Barron

Oddly enough, all three of these books were unsolicited surprises in my mailbox. Entangled Teen sent me The Society, which I am DYING to read (no pun intended). It’s a mystery/thriller set among the elite and secret club at a private school.

T.A. Barron was kind enough to send me his two newest books, The Ancient One and Atlantis Lost. I’ve read the first two books in the Atlantis saga, so I’m looking forward to this one.

Grown Up Books:

We’re All Damaged by Matthew Norman

Her One and Only by Becky Wade

We’re All Damaged is my Kindle First pick for the month. The pickings were rather slim this month, but this book sounded the most promising so I went with it.

Her One and Only is the last book in Becky Wade’s romance series and I can’t wait to read it. I’ve loved all of her books so far and I’ve been waiting for this one ever since I devoured the last one.

What books have you added to your shelves? Let me know in the comments!

Stay in the Loop!
Sign up for my weekly-ish newsletter to stay up to date on new giveaways, author interviews, reviews, and other awesomeness! Sign up now.

Previous Story
Next Story

16 Comments

Grace Fonseca
    May 7, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Awesome haul of books. All of your new books look terrific.

Grace @ Books of Love

Laurel-Rain Snow
    May 7, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I loved We Were Liars…and I’m intrigued by We’re All Damaged. Enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Bambi Unbridled
    May 8, 2016 at 2:20 pm

This is a nice haul! I am doing And I Darken as well… looks like a lot of us from the StS will have reviews up. Hope you enjoy!
    Here’s my StS & Recap

Dena at Batch of Books
      May 9, 2016 at 11:40 am

Thanks! I’m looking forward to it. I’m interested to see what you think of it too.

Stacey Brutger
    May 8, 2016 at 5:45 pm

All of these books are new to me. Love the cover for The Ancient One.

Great haul! Happy Reading!

Dena at Batch of Books
      May 9, 2016 at 11:35 am

It’s a great cover! I believe this is a re-release for this book, so the cover is new.

Barb(boxermommyreads)
    May 8, 2016 at 5:49 pm

I really enjoyed The Society when I read it last month. I picked up We’re All Damaged as well. Great haul and hope you love them all.

Dena at Batch of Books
      May 9, 2016 at 11:34 am

Glad to hear it! It was a surprise to get it, so I didn’t know anything about it. It sure sounds interesting and I’m glad to hear you liked it.

Jenn @ Quite a Novel Idea
    May 8, 2016 at 10:16 pm

1) Your blog looks amaaaaaazing! First time here and will be back 🙂
    2) Great list! I just got “We Were Liars” and plan to read it this week during the Bout of Books readathon.

Can’t wait to hear what you think about some of the books you listed above. Great line up of books!

Quite a Novel Idea

Dena at Batch of Books
      May 9, 2016 at 11:33 am

You’ll have to let me know what you think of We Were Liars. It’s an interesting read!

Maria Behar
    May 9, 2016 at 4:46 am

What a GREAT haul, Dena!! Although I don’t read many middle-grade books, I do like the looks of “The Lost Twin”. As for the YA books, I’ve heard that “And I Darken” is really good, but that cover……I really don’t like that cover. Well, I might just give the book a chance, anyway. As for “Hurricane Kiss”, I’ve just added it to my Goodreads shelves. This one looks SO freaking good!! I think you’re right — it will be the PERFECT YA summer read!

Thanks so much for sharing! Also, thanks for commenting on my Book Blogger Hop post last week!! Hope you had a WONDERFUL Mother’s Day!! <3 🙂

Maria Behar
    May 9, 2016 at 4:48 am

P.S. Ooops!! I forgot to mention the two books by T.A. Barron, as well as “Her One and Only”. I’m adding those, too!! <3 🙂

Olivia Roach
    May 23, 2016 at 4:18 pm

We Were Liars is actually a novel I managed to enjoy an awful lot. I found the plot twist to be so unexpected! The rest of the books look pretty cool as well. Enjoy all this reading :3

Dena at Batch of Books
      May 24, 2016 at 10:33 am

Yes! The plot twist was completely unexpected. I loved the way the whole story unfolded.