Top Ten YA Releases to Watch For in 2016

Book Roundup, Young Adult Books
2016 YA releases

2016 YA releases

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is a freebie, so I’m doing the Top Ten YA Releases to Watch For in 2016.

Top Ten YA Releases to Watch For in 2016

The CrownThe Crown by Kiera Cass
I have almost all the books in this series, and I haven’t read them! One of my reading goals for 2016 is to read this series. It’s one of the most popular young adult series right now and I am SUPER late to the party. But I know once I get going, I won’t be able to stop, so that’s why this book is on my “most anticipated” list.

Click to Buy >>

Daily Boutique Deals

Frozen TidesFrozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes
This is another series that I haven’t gotten around to reading, but I get excited every time a new book comes out. I would love to get my hands on this series and binge read them over a couple of days.

Click to Buy >>

The Winner's KissThe Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
I’ve read both The Winner’s Curse and The Winner’s Crime and am completely in love with this series. I can’t wait for the concluding book! Kestrel is one of the most clever protagonists I’ve ever read about and I love following her story. I can’t wait to find out how it all ends.

Click to Buy >>

A Court of Mist and FuryA Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
I haven’t read A Court of Thorns and Roses yet, but I got it for Christmas, so I will be reading it soon. After reading the Throne of Glass series and becoming completely addicted to it, I expect to love this series just as much.

Click to Buy >>

BanishedBanished by Kimberley Griffiths Little
I read Forbidden and fell in love with the setting, the characters, and the story. I can’t wait to get my greedy paws on this book! I need to know what happens to Jayden and Kadesh. If you haven’t read this series yet, you should. It’s gorgeous.

Click to Buy >>

The Glittering CourtThe Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
This is a new series starting in 2016 and I have high hopes for it. Fantasy seems to be making a huge comeback (if you couldn’t tell from my list here), and this is one that looks and sounds promising. I’ve never read The Vampire Academy, but this is from the same author. It might work in my favor that I haven’t read this author’s other books since I’ll have no expectations or prejudices going in.

Click to Buy >>

And I DarkenAnd I Darken by Kiersten White
I’ve only read one other book from Kiersten White, but I loved it. She is a fantastic author and I can’t wait to read the beginning of this new series from her. Unfortunately, I’ll have to wait until June to indulge in reading it, but it will be worth the wait.

Click to Buy >>

PassengerPassenger by Alexandra Bracken
Although I’ve never read this author before, I know her books are very popular. This is her latest release and I’ve been hearing such good things about it that I want to get my hands on a copy.

Click to Buy >>

The Beauty of DarknessThe Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
I’ve really enjoyed the first two books in this series (The Kiss of Deception and The Heart of Betrayal) and I’m waiting on pins and needles for this one to be released, which won’t happen until August. If you haven’t read this series yet, this is a good time to jump on the bandwagon — before the final installment comes out!

Click to Buy >>

TruthwitchTruthwitch by Susan Dennard
This sounds FABULOUS and I can’t wait to read it. It released a couple of weeks ago, but I haven’t had the chance to read it yet. With any luck, I will get to read it before 2016 is over.

Click to Buy >>

Which YA releases are you looking forward to reading this year?

Stay in the Loop!
Sign up for my weekly-ish newsletter to stay up to date on new giveaways, author interviews, reviews, and other awesomeness! Sign up now.

Previous Story
Next Story

22 Comments

JJ
    January 26, 2016 at 3:23 pm

A few of these are ones I’m looking forward to as well!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/top-ten-tuesday-41/

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm
    January 26, 2016 at 7:02 pm

YAY! Great choice of topic this week. I always love freebie week as people always do such amazing topics! I am beyond excited to read so many of these – The Winner’s Kiss, Truthwitch, A Court of Mist and Fury, And I Darken and Passenger… I can’t wait to read them all, I need payday to get here so I can order some of these.

Here’s my TTT post if you want to check it out. I picked non-book romances I would love to see get book adaptations.

Dena at Batch of Books
      January 27, 2016 at 3:29 am

Oh I know! I can’t wait to get my hands on some of them too. Thanks for stopping by. I’ll be around to your TTT shortly. 🙂

Eva @ All Books Considered
    January 26, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Great pick! I cannot wait for The Glittering Court! Many of these series I still need to start!

my TTT

Dena at Batch of Books
      January 27, 2016 at 3:30 am

Me too. I haven’t even started most of them, but I’m excited to read these. Hopefully I can get them all in this year!

AngelErin
    January 26, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Yes! I’m looking forward to so many of these. Especially TheCrown and A Court of Mist and Fury. Great topic! Here’s my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-freebie-top-ten-gothic.html

Dena at Batch of Books
      January 27, 2016 at 3:31 am

Yes to both of those. I still need to read both of those series, so I’ve got a lot to catch up on!

Tressa @ Wishful Endings
    January 26, 2016 at 8:00 pm

These are all on my tbr except one (a series I’m not reading). Great list! Here’s my TTT: http://www.wishfulendings.com/2016/01/my-top-ten-favorite-books-from-2015-top.html.

Tiera @ The Tiera Complex
    January 26, 2016 at 9:46 pm

The only one that was on my anticipated reads on 2016 was Truthwitch, which I already read. My TTT this week was my Top POC Booktubers. https://t.co/zoV7NmsxKA

Dena at Batch of Books
      January 27, 2016 at 3:33 am

Did you like it? I’m looking forward to reading it and I’ve heard good things about it.

Maranda Hymes
    January 26, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I think this is the first time all the books are already on my TBR with a list! Great choices. My TTT I chose to list classics I haven’t read yet.

Carrie
    January 27, 2016 at 5:11 pm

I can’t wait to read Passenger! My TTT

Lauren @ Always Me
    January 28, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Passenger and Truthwitch sound so good! Great picks!

Check out my TTT.

Tina at Mommynificent
    February 4, 2016 at 12:31 pm

I’m very interested in The Selection series you mentioned as well! Don’t know when I’ll get a chance to read them, but I hope it will be soon! Thanks so much for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday!
    Tina

Dena at Batch of Books
      February 4, 2016 at 4:36 pm

That’s how most of my reading ambitions go — I hope to get to it, but I never know if I will! Thanks for stopping by.

Olivia Roach
    February 8, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I like these choices! A lot of the sequels are ones I have yet to read book one for, so I haven’t really been able to get around to them yet. But Passenger, Truthwitch and also The Glittering Court are all books I really do want to read this year!

Dena at Batch of Books
      February 10, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Oh I know! I still need to start most of these series, but they’re all on my “Want to Read” list. 2016 is going to be a good year for YA!