Best Books I Read in 2015

Book Roundup
Best Books 2015

Top Ten TuesdayWelcome to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is the Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2015.

Now, you can easily find the best books of the year by going over to Goodreads and scrolling through reader favorites (which I’ve done, and you’ve probably done), but you’re here because you want to find out what the best books I read in 2015 are. Miss K and I are both sharing our top ten best books of the year. Some of them were published in 2015 and some earlier — these are the best books we read during the past year. You’ll notice that most of my picks are linked to my reviews, but since Miss K has only recently started reviewing the occasional book, most of her’s don’t have a review.

Best Books 2015

Miss K’s Picks for Top Ten Best Books of 2015

Spiderwick Fortunately the Milk HiLo

The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Completely Fantastical Edition by Holly Black and Toni DiTerlizzi >> Goodreads

Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman >> Goodreads

Daily Boutique Deals

HiLo: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth by Judd Winick >> Goodreads

Mummies in the Morning Vacation Under the Volcano Viking Ships at Sunrise

Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House #3) by Mary Pope Osborne >> Goodreads

Vacation Under the Volcano (Magic Tree House #13) by Mary Pope Osborne >> Goodreads

Viking Ships at Sunrise (Magic Tree House #15) by Mary Pope Osborne >> Goodreads

National Geographic Kids Snakes! Bliss Meet the Monsters

The Vanishing Island by Barry Wolverton >> Goodreads

Finding the Worm by Mark Goldblatt >> Goodreads

Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty >> Goodreads

Young Adult Books:

The Winner's Crime Secrets of Neverak The Heart of Betrayal

The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski >> Goodreads

Secrets of Neverak (A Tale of Light and Shadow Book 2) by Jacob Gowans >> Goodreads

The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson >> Goodreads

Adult Books:

empire of sin A Moveable Feast The Witch's Daughter

Empire of Sin by Gary Krist >> Goodreads

A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway >> Goodreads

The Witch’s Daughter by Paula Brackston >> Goodreads

Okay, so that was twelve for me, but who’s counting?

Do you have any favorite books you read in 2015?

Previous Story
Next Story

20 Comments

Stephanie@Fairday's Blog
    December 15, 2015 at 2:52 pm

So many great books! I haven’t read that version of Spiderwick but I love the look of it. I have 4 of these books on my TBR list and now I must check out those adorable picture books. I am always looking for great books for my school library. Thanks for sharing!

Dena at Batch of Books
      December 15, 2015 at 3:07 pm

This Spiderwick version is just the entire series combined into one big book. It also has some extras in the back that my daughter went wild over when I gave it to her. The picture books are so fun! Thanks for stopping by!

Emma
    December 15, 2015 at 3:10 pm

What a great list of 2015 reads; I especially love the variety in genre! 🙂 I’ve been meaning to get around to Marie Rutkoski and Mary E. Pearson’s books, as well as the Hemingway you mentioned. Maybe 2016 will be the year for me.

Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser
    December 15, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Great list! I haven’t read any of these, but The Witch’s Daughter is on my TBR.

AngelErin
    December 15, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Lots of good ones! And lots I still need to read. Amazing list. 😀

proxyfish
    December 15, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Hehe, I also read Fortunately, the Milk this year! It was such great fun 😀

There are some really interesting looking adult books there too. Empire of Sin looks right up my alley!

Dena at Batch of Books
      December 16, 2015 at 3:25 am

Empire of Sin was fascinating! If you like history and/or New Orleans, you’ll like it.

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
    December 15, 2015 at 11:54 pm

Seraphina and the Black Cloak was wonderful! I completely adored that book. I’ve been eyeing The Witch’s Daughter for a while, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Dena at Batch of Books
      December 16, 2015 at 3:24 am

Serafina was good wasn’t it? I still haven’t posted my review for it, but I will soon. Ha ha.

Leti
    December 15, 2015 at 11:55 pm

Oh man! I love the magic tree house books! They were my favorite when I was a kid! And last semester, I took a children’s lit class and feel in love all over again with picture books so I kinda want to read the ones you suggested!
    The Heart of Betrayal was also really good! The ending was unexpected and it all happened so fast! Question:Team Prince or Team Assassin?

Thanks for stopping by @TheHappyReader!
    P.S. Your blog is so cute! I love it!

Dena at Batch of Books
      December 16, 2015 at 3:23 am

I love picture books! I love the artwork and the simple text. It’s an art form that often gets overlooked.

I am definitely Team Prince. I surprised myself with this one, because I usually go for the assassin. 😉

Leti
        December 16, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I agree, they definitely get overlooked!

Yes! Team Prince! I haven’t found too many people that like the prince, so I’m glad I found you haha.

Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind
    December 21, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Ah, Spiderwick. I have no idea why I haven’t read that series yet. I’m pretty sure it came out when I was a kid and I’ve just never got to it.
    All the Lost Things’s cover looks like something I would enjoy. I’m happy you enjoyed The Witch’s Daughter so much Dena. I will eventually get to it (;

Dena at Batch of Books
      December 22, 2015 at 3:42 am

Don’t you wish you had time to read everything you want to? My TBR keeps getting longer but my days seem to be getting shorter.

Denise
    December 29, 2015 at 2:50 am

As a reading teacher, I read picture books, chapter books, etc. Always need to recommend new titles to my students of varying age and reading levels. Your blog is very helpful to me. I’ve already ordered my first 2016 picture book, “Cooking With Mr. C.” by John Contratti (Mascot Books/Amazon) I hear it’s suppose to be delightful. Keep up the great work you’re doing for the kids and teachers out there. 🙂

Dena at Batch of Books
      January 5, 2016 at 3:57 am

Cooking With Mr. C sounds like fun. I’ll have to check that one out. Thanks for stopping by!